Single Girder Under Running Bridge Crane
Tri-State Overhead Crane can design, manufacture and install your under running bridge crane. This style is also referred to as underrunning, under hung or under slung. Under running bridge cranes are especially versatile when properly applied. These can be provided in spans exceeding 75 feet and capacities up to 25 tons, although typical spans do not exceed 60 feet with capacities not exceeding 15 tons. These can be provided in CMAA Class A (standby or infrequent service), Class B (light service), Class C (moderate service), or Class D (heavy service). All Tri-State single girder cranes are designed to CMAA specifications.
The construction of these single girder cranes allows interlocking systems where a transfer of the load is required from one bay to the next, transfer to monorail and then onto another crane, or onto a spur. Typically these are provided as patented track design but can also be done with wide flange or standard I-beam construction.
Under running bridge cranes typically use electric chain hoists or electric wire rope hoists but can be provided with a pneumatic hoist or a manual hand chain hoist.
These single girder cranes can be provided with pushbutton from the hoist, from an independent traveling pushbutton or radio control.
Special construction for spark resistant, explosion proof or food grade applications are available.
A special class of under running bridge cranes are workstation bridge cranes. These are under running and are typically provided for lighter loads (up to 4000 pounds) and are manually pushed but normally have an electric or air chain hoist.
Advantages of a single girder under running bridge crane
- Hoist trolley can go underneath runway providing best end approach
- System can be integrated into building design for cost saving on runway structure
- Freestanding workstation bridge crane systems are especially rigid due to connection of columns to headers, and headers to the runway
- Can be provided interlocking to another crane or monorail
- Low headroom design especially with notched bridge beams taking advantage of the depth of the runway
- Easier installation thus less install costs
- Ease of maintenance
TSOC manufactures single girder under running bridge cranes for Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma