Air Chain Hoist
A few reasons to pick a pneumatic hoist
- 100% on time- Air motors are self cooling, and thus are suitable for an unlimited number of motor starts - requirement for heavy duty applications.
- Explosive environment- there is no electrical arcing hazard to cause explosions in areas such as petrochemical facilities or paint booths. In addition to electrical arcing, friction sparks can also be of concern. TSOC can add spark-resistant protection including stainless steel hook latches, stainless steel chain modified load sprocket, bronze hooks, guide and stainless or anodized lower blocks. Keep in mind that stainless chain is not as durable or strong as standard chain, so care should be taken when applying stainless chain to a high duty cycle.
- High ambient temperature- Because the motor is self cooling, the air chain hoist can operate in high ambient temperature environments.
- Spotting Control- Unless an electric hoist is purchased with variable frequency control, it will not have as accurate spotting control as a pneumatic hoist. An electric hoist will normally have an initial “jerk” when picking up a load, so a pneumatic hoist will typically lift the load more gently.
- Lift Speed- pneumatic hoists generally lift loads at a faster rate of speed than an electric hoist.
|Pneumatic hoists are ideally suited for the following industries:
||Atomic and Coal power stations
||Shipyards and ship building
||Super sack handling
|Pneumatic Hoists vs. Electric Hoists
|Air motor is self cooling
||Motor can overheat and cut off
|Air motor will stall when overloaded
||Electric motor can burn up when overloaded
|Can be higher maintenance because of air system
|Can be operated outdoors or in contaminated environments
||NEMA 1 standard
|Change speeds with regulator
||Change speeds only with gear and/or motor change
|Explosion proof at lower cost
|Fewer parts make hoist easier to repair
||More parts required can be difficult to repair
|Higher duty cycle
||Limited to H3 or H4 service
||Slower speeds from 8-64 fpm
|More expensive to operate
||Cheaper to operate
|Must have air available
||Single or three phase power is readily available
|Pendant or pull cord available
|Required by some industries
|Suitable for hazardous locations
||Non-hazardous locations only
|Variable speeds (standard)
||1 or 2 speeds (standard)
HADEF Pneumatic Hoist
HADEF uses state-of-the-art technology to produce high quality products manufactured in Germany. Products range from hoists to cranes handling load capacities from 275 lbs to 50 Ton. HADEF pneumatic chain hoists can be configured with low or ultralow headroom as well as compact design. TSOC is proud to be the sole US distributor of HADEF hoists.
JD Neuhaus Pneumatic Hoist
J.D. Neuhaus (JDN) has been manufacturing lifting equipment for over 260 years. Manufactured in Germany, JDN hoists provide solutions for almost any material handling problem, including jobs where safety and security are a priority due to extreme situations. JDN pneumatic hoists range in capacities from 550 lbs to 100 Ton.
CM Air Hoist
Columbus McKinnon (CM) has over a century of experience designing products such as the Lodestar pneumatic chain hoist to provide solutions for industrial manufacturing and construction. TSOC offers a full line of pneumatic chain hoists for small capacity jobs to heavy duty manufacturing. CM is the industry standard and made in the U.S.A.
Harrington Pneumatic Hoist
Harrington Hoists is recognized as an innovator and market leader in the hoist and crane industry. Harrington Hoists manufactures revolutionary manual, electric, and pneumatic chain hoists, wire rope hoists and crane products. TSOC carries a full line of Harrington Hoist world class products.
IR ARO Pneumatic Hoist
Ingersoll Rand (IR) has been manufacturing lifting solutions since the early 1900's. Air hoists range in capacity from 1/8 Ton-100 Ton. IR offers one of the broadest ranges of pneumatic hoists in the world to take on all of your tough applications. TSOC carries a full line of IR pneumatic chain hoists, including the CLK series of hoists.
Chester Air Hoist
Chester air hoists are ideal for many hazardous locations, offshore facilities, refineries, and other corrosive environments. Capacities range from 1-ton to 24-tons and models are available in ultra-low headroom configurations.
TSOC distributes Pneumatic Chain Hoists for Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.