Overhead Crane Operator Training Courses
Tri-State Overhead Crane provides operator training based on the Crane Manufacturers Association of America (CMAA) standards. The class covers the below sections for overhead and traveling cranes, gantry, under running trolley hoists and operation of lifting devices.
- General Information
- Technical Qualifications for technicians and inspectors
- Jobsite Safety Guidelines
- Crane Inspection, Maintenance and Load Testing
- Genuine OEM Parts
- Crane Classifications
- Operational Guide for Lifting Devices
- Inspection procedures
What is included in an Overhead Crane Operator Safety Training Class
- 1-8 hours based on your needs and level of training your facility desires.
- The 4–8-hour classes attendees receive a certificate indicating they have completed the course.
- The classes are adjusted to fit your schedules and the types of overhead lifting devices.
- Classes include some basic rigging and hazard awareness training.
What you as an employer get from our training classes:
- Reduction in accidents and near misses.
- Fewer accidents lower insurance rates.
- Less equipment damage.
- Less down time and repair costs due to damage to cranes, lifting devices and production equipment.
- Employers who invest in their work force have lower turnover rates.
Fundamentals of Crane Safety
Our overhead crane training courses are designed to be standalone sessions that can be tailored to each user's needs. The training is done by our senior crane technicians that have the ability to answer a wide range of technical questions. There will be video training that covers:
- CMAA Specification #70
- CMAA Specification #74
- CMAA Specification #78
- A Crane Operator's Manual booklet
- Pre-Operation Inspection Checklist
- CMAA Consensus to NEC
- Viewing Verification Form
- Roster Sign In Form
You operators will be given a pre-operation checklist that will serve as a minimum guide for crane operation activities
Crane Operator Training Documentation
Each person who attends the CMAA crane operator course will receive a viewing verification form. Each employee will sign the form once the training is complete. This document should be kept in each employee file.
Let our team help train your team on how to safely operate cranes.
TSOC manufacturers, services, and trains on overhead bridge cranes; serving clients from coast to coast, Canada, Mexico and especially focused in the states of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.